Jamie Oliver said, “Gather information, educate yourself about food and save your life and your children’s lives.”
One can’t be more direct about a life threatening issue here in the US and Great Britain.
Jamie Oliver is transforming the way we feed ourselves, and our children. Jamie Oliver has been drawn to the kitchen since he was a child working in his father’s pub-restaurant.
He showed not only a precocious culinary talent but also a passion for creating (and talking about) fresh, honest, delicious food. In the past decade, the shaggy-haired “Naked Chef” of late-’90s BBC2 has built a worldwide media conglomerate of TV shows, books, cookware and magazines, all based on a formula of simple, unpretentious food that invites everyone to get busy in the kitchen. And as much as his cooking is generous, so is his business model — his Fifteen Foundation, for instance, trains young chefs from challenged backgrounds to run four of his restaurants.
Now, Oliver is using his fame and charm to bring attention to the changes that Brits and Americans need to make in their lifestyles and diet. Campaigns such as Jamie’s School Dinner, Ministry of Food and Food Revolution USA combine Oliver’s culinary tools, cookbooks and television, with serious activism and community organizing — to create change on both the individual and governmental level.
- Cook with your children
- Shop with your children
- Walk through a garden and identify the vegetables growing
- Walk through an orchard and identify the fruit trees
- Visit a farm and identify the animals you serve on your table
- Teach your family how to prepare and store fresh food
- Learn to barbecue
- Make salads & vegetable dishes
- Grow annual garden
- Learn and teach your family about GMO’s (genetically modified food)
- Teach your family to read labels
- Learn about the politics of food in the USA (GMO & Pasteurization)
- Learn about GMO’s and pasteurization and avoid using foods processed this way
- Learn how to ferment food – add natural vitamins, minerals and probiotics to your daily intake.
- Learn about sugar and reduce the amount you ingest
- Put the “kabosh” on soda and juice drinks
- Send your child to school with a lunch and snack
- Influence the PTA to demand fresh food in school lunch
- Form a committee to contact your school lunch funding committee
- Break bad habits of fast food eating
- Take cooking classes together
- Contact your local fast food restaurants and recommend changes on their menu
Recommended Web Sites:
Jamie Oliver at Amazon (list of books)
Amazon List of GMO Books (genetically modified food books)
( NON GMO seeds)
Google List of Heritage Seed Growers and Savers (Also, google “Heirloom Seeds”)
Dan Barber: How I fell in love with a fish
Chef Dan Barber squares off with a dilemma facing many chefs today: how to keep fish on the menu. With impeccable research and deadpan humor, he chronicles his pursuit of a sustainable fish he could love, and the foodie’s honeymoon he’s enjoyed since discovering an outrageously delicious fish raised using a revolutionary farming method in Spain.
The scalar healing sessions are done remotely using your photograph to connect with you. Are you curious? Register for the 15-day Trial. When you are ready to purchase, there are 3 options for the remote scalar sessions:
1.You as an individual
2.You and one other as a Couple
3.You and a group of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
You can click here or on the banner below to get started. Select Single Month, Recurring Subscription or 12 Month Prepaid remote scalar light sessions. 12 Month Prepaid scalar sessions are deeply discounted for long term use. Recurring subscription is also discounted for long-term use. A minimum of four (4) months or a maximum of indefinitely. Recurring subscription and 12 Month Prepaid users will upload the photograph(s) one time and we keep it until the recurring subscription is canceled or the 12 months have passed. After payment, you will be taken immediately to the photo upload page. Single month users will upload their photo every 30 days. Scalar sessions are broadcast 7 days each week over 30 days. The standard scalar session consists of a Pathogen Cleanse, a Nutritional Therapy and a Chakra Balance. Please refer to the FAQ page to see more details. By purchasing you agree to our Terms and Conditions including our no-refund policy. SCALARLIGHT.COM and dba Tom Paladino has a no-refund policy for all scalar light services. All Sales are FINAL.