If you’re looking to shed a few pounds, your food choices can suddenly become quite limited. Chances are you think you’re destined for bland, boring midday meals. But no, you don’t need to eat a salad for lunch every day if you’re trying to lose weight. There are so many tasty meals under 500 calories to choose from, we will see just 7 of the many tasty meals in this article.
Remember that a diet is not a regime; it is about learning how to eat and gradually learning to discern between what you should and shouldn’t eat, but it is never recommended that you skip meals. First, go to a specialist, who will tell you that everything is fine inside and outside and now, yes, think about how to start eating more healthily.
What Are Calories?
Calories are, in a nutshell, the fuel we need to do all the activities we do every day, for example, partying and dancing for 45 minutes makes you use at least 284 calories, or how about doing the house cleaning that can help you burn 285 calories, and the list can go on because we are constantly using our energy reserve for some action.
Diets can improve our health, but to choose the right diet, we must look at what our needs are, as there are all kinds of diets such as those we use to lower certain levels such as cholesterol. While all the foods we eat throughout the day are important, you can increase your risk of heart attacks by 27% if you skip breakfast. Dinner is just as important. It can alter the rhythm of your body and can slow it down.
Seven Tasty Meals Under 500 Calories
- Black Bean and Cabbage Slaw Sandwich (416 calories) – This vegetarian sandwich gets a satisfying crunch from a nutrient-rich coleslaw. The relish offers a tangy flavor thanks to ingredients like wine vinegar and whole grain mustard. The black beans in this sandwich are a great source of plant protein and fiber; both nutrients have proven to support good health.
- Vegetable soup (175 calories) – Remember that, for a healthy diet, portions are always very important. However, the opportunity that a low-calorie food gives you is that you can have more than one serving is the best thing of all; that’s the case with traditional vegetable soup, which can have up to 50 calories per bowl. For this recipe, you need the vegetables you like; remember that they have to be chopped to make them easy to eat, and you can flavor them with coriander or some herbs. Remember that everyone may have a different version of the same recipe. However, it is a straightforward and nutritious recipe to make.
- Spiced Hummus Flatbread Pizza (332 calories) – This recipe gets a nutritional boost from good-for-you ingredients like legumes, a group of plants that includes peas, lentils, and peas. The base in this pizza? Chickpeas. Hummus contains chickpeas, which are an incredible source of plant-based protein and fiber to keep hunger at bay for hours.
- Tuna and Stuffed Avocado Salad (282 calories) – Are you looking to make a load of good fats for yourself? Consider this fantastic avocado recipe. This dish is packed with healthy fats from avocado, fish, and even mayonnaise. Avocado is full of fiber that makes you feel satiated and contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, while tuna – fatty fish – are rich in omega-3 fats, which benefit heart, brain, and joint health.
- Grilled fish with vegetables (400 calories) – It is well known that fish is excellent to be included in our diet, mainly because it helps us to strengthen our memory, protects us from cardiovascular diseases, is easily digestible. Hence, it is our ally to improve metabolic health. Among many things, fish is great food, for many beneficial reasons, which is why I recommend you include it in your dinner. Depending on the vegetables you include, the number of calories may vary, but as a recommendation, you can include potatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers, or avocado. And you can spice it up with herbs, and I assure you there’s nothing more delicious and guilt-free.
- Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwich (306 calories) – This innovative sandwich uses cauliflower bread (made from cauli, seeds, and eggs) instead of traditional bread to keep it low-carb and keto-friendly. The entire sandwich serves only 8 grams of carbs, about the same amount as one-third of a medium apple. If making fake cauliflower bread sounds like a lot of work, we don’t blame you. Just try adding the versatile vegetable to other meals. For example, use cauliflower instead of rice to make a bowl of healthy fried rice with chicken or prawns, or replace mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower as an accompaniment to grilled salmon.
- Italian roast beef rolls (360 calories) – Meats that are processed and combined with beef and poultry and that have been prepared with specific techniques such as curing, salting or smoking, should be consumed with caution because chemical agents are usually added. Whether you wrap it up or not, this protein-rich lunch is an excellent choice for those on a variety of meal plans, from low-carb or keto, to gluten-free.
Remember that a healthy diet is vital to a healthy life. In addition to diet, exercise is also very important for maintaining a healthy body, as well as helping you to lose weight and live a fuller life. As you can see it is possible to have tasty meals under 500 calories.
Before starting any diet or exercise, it is a good idea to visit a nutritionist to guide you on the portions and foods suitable for your weight, size, gender, etcetera. Take care of your health.