Nine Benefits of Drinking Water
- It helps regulate body temperature, especially during exercise, when the body starts to sweat
- It enables the blood to carry oxygen, and the energy level increases when the body is well hydrated
- Staying properly hydrated helps keep joints and muscles lubricated.
- When you drink enough of this liquid, it passes through the digestive tract smoothly, aiding bowel movement
- It helps hydrate your skin, increases its elasticity helping to look more radiant and youthful
- An adequate amount of H2O a day can reduce the risk of heart disease
- The brain requires H2O to work more efficiently, helping people think better
- It dilutes salts and minerals through urine; the lack of water in our diet allows the formation of stones in your kidneys
- It suppresses appetite and accelerates metabolism. Drinking just one glass of water before eating helps to feel fuller and causing the consumption of fewer calories
Different Types of H2O
To start delving into the fascinating world of H2O, we present you with some types of this liquid:
- Mineralized: There are two types, the first is the one that comes out of the subsoil, and the second is the one that is produced artificially. Its characteristic is that it has minerals such as calcium, magnesium, or sodium. One of the benefits it stands out for is that it stimulates digestion.
- Rain: In recent years, H2O farms have proliferated that collect raindrops and then treat them to make them drinkable. It is an ecological trend.
- Purified: It is the one that becomes suitable for human consumption through distillation, deionization, reverse osmosis, or other processes. Some have chlorine added, but it is not great for your health. Ozone can also be used to disinfect them.
- Spring: It is one of the noblest since it is drinkable by nature and microbiologically healthy. Its impurities are beneficial because they are usually minerals. It is one of the best options for staying hydrated and helping take better advantage of drinking water’s benefits.
- Tonic: This is carbonated water to which quinine, a bitter alkaloid, is added. To balance the flavor, it is sweetened with sugar. It is not considered a commonly used drink, but it is very popular in mixology.
- Glacier: It comes from glaciers and is highly appreciated for its incredible purity.
What Makes a Premium Drinking Water?
Currently, the most valuable characteristic of the liquid is that it comes from a natural source, for example, an iceberg, spring, or glacier. The extraction process must be sustainable and bottling carried out at the source as quickly as possible. Another element that needs to be taken care of is not to alter the composition of origin. The goal is that when a bottle is opened the user experiences the same sensation of drinking from the source from which it emanates.
Behind premium H2O, there is also a brand that guarantees its reliability. As with wines, the bottle and the label must convey an entire message. It is not a matter of mere hydration. You have to build a ritual, return its sacred character to this liquid
The Hydro Sommelier
So, the myth to be dismantled is that among the properties of water is that it has no flavor. The mineral that predominates in a liquid makes its mark on it. For those of us who are not experts and want to know what they drink, the best route is the label, as with the wines. The degree of mineralization and its components are reported there. Those with more sodium, magnesium, and calcium will taste more intense.
Another key factor is temperature. Here is a general rule of thumb:
- Natural mineral waters without gas should be consumed between 8 and 10 degrees.
- Sparkling waters between 14 and 17 degrees.